The first section below was taken from USA Volleyball
From USA Volleyball: We know the process of choosing a club can be very overwhelming. We've put together some tips to help you through the process. These are only guidelines. You, your player and your family should discuss what you need from club volleyball, what are your expectations and realistic goals, your financial obligations, your personal obligations and time commitment.
- Where Do I Find the Clubs?
- The best way to find out all your options is to visit the area Region Volleyball website. Each region sets their own rules and regulations for being a sanctioned volleyball club. Typically, the Junior Clubs that are offered in your area will have their own web page listed but if you cannot find the Junior Club page, contact the Regional Volleyball office by email or phone which both should be listed on the home page of each region.
- Now What? Get information on all the clubs in your area. Check the websites or email the club directors and ask for information.
- The kinds of things you want to know are:
- What are your membership fees
- What is the club philosophy? (Does everyone play? Is it “play to win?)
- What is their background in coaching?
- Who are the coaches at your child’s age level?
- How many teams do you have at each age level
- How do you select your members?
- What age groups do you offer?